The Philippines eCommerce Market Localization Guide
2022 update – A thoroughly researched, in-depth guide to the eCommerce market in the Philippines and how overseas companies can approach it. Over around 90 pages, this guide takes you through the unique challenges and opportunities that the Philippines presents, as well as logistics solutions, legal requirements, and observations on the current state of the market and its projected future.
Updated for 2022!
Southeast Asia is a rapidly developing region, especially after rounds of epidemic, the Philippine eCommerce market has undergone many changes. In this update, we have comprehensively updated the data and insights in the 2022 edition, in order to give you a more complete understanding of the latest Philippine eCommerce market.
New in this version:
- Data section: Updated statistics of the country and eCommerce to track the continued growth and latest trends of the Philippine market.
Post-pandemic economic recovery: In this revision of the guide, we have added a section on “Covid Update – Country Initiatives and Economic Recovery”, which provides insights into the Philippine post-pandemic economic recovery and the government updated policies.
The Philippines is a Southeast Asian country with considerable potential and that is looking increasingly attractive to foreign investors. With eCommerce set to expand over the next few years, the opportunity to get in on the ground floor before other global competitors is considerable – but due to the fact that this market has yet to mature, there exist challenges in adopting this strategy. We therefore put together this in-depth Localization Guide with the aim of providing a comprehensive look at how overseas companies can successfully enter the market and establish a flourishing business there.
Who should read this guide?
This guide is intended to provide business owners, C-level executives, marketeers, and eCommerce specialists with a comprehensive overview and help them formulate a strategy for starting their eCommerce journey in the Philippines. To this end, the guide covers all the major areas necessary to consider when entering the market, drawing from the latest available market data and expert analysis.
- Legislative Framework: What regulations do you need to know to do business in the Philippines? What legal bodies and agreements should you be aware of?
- Online Sales Channels: What are the main ways to sell online in the Philippines? What platforms exist for brands to help them sell their products in the country?
- Entry Strategy: What methods of market entry are available to foreign brands? How do you set up a company in the Philippines?
- Distribution and Logistics: What standard of delivery infrastructure are Philippine consumers accustomed to? What options are available to foreign brands to ship their goods in and around the country?
- Customs and Taxation: What processes are involved in bringing goods into the country? What taxes are foreign sellers subject to in each entry strategy?
- Consumer Behavior: What are consumers in the Philippines like? What products do they like, how do they like to shop?
- Mobile and Social Media: How do mobile phones integrate into modern Philippine life and eCommerce? How deeply has social media penetrated Philippine society?
- Marketing: What is the digital marketing landscape like in the Philippines? What buying holidays and marketing methods can help your brand succeed?
7-Day Money-back Guarantee
We are very proud of our guides – so if you aren’t satisfied with any one of them, contact us with your reasons within 7 days of purchase to receive a full refund. We also offer a free guide to help those not yet ready to make a purchase.
About eCommerce Localization Guides
TMO Group publishes an extensive series of eCommerce Localization Guides. Covering general, legal and store-level localization topics, these handbooks provide key market and hands-on information on how to localize your eBusiness per country. We currently cover the following markets in our series: China, Malaysia, India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Italy. This series is continuously expanding and being updated. All our guides are published in English and Chinese.
The guides are based on our aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. This all-inclusive complementary series of guides will help you find your way through the eCommerce jungle. Be sure to check out our complete series of guides which cover: (A) eCommerce Market Localization, (B) eCommerce Store Localization and (C) eCommerce Legal Localization.
Q1: How can I get a copy of this eCommerce Market Localization Guide?
A1: Just click on the ‘download now’ button and fill out your business details on the next page. You can then pay directly via PayPal. Once your payment is confirmed, we will send you a dedicated download link for your copy of the guide in PDF format.
Q2: What is the difference between the starter’s guide and the in-depth guide?
A2: All our guides are based on TMO Group’s aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. However, the in-depth guide offers many more insights and detailed information than the starter’s guide.
Q3: Which payment methods are currently available to purchase a guide?
A3: At the moment we only support PayPal payments. However, in the near future this will be expanded to include other popular methods such as WeChat Pay and Alipay.
Q4: What should I do if I have not received my email or my payment failed?
A4: If you encounter any problems throughout the ordering process, get in touch with us. You can reach us through our online customer service. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396.
Q5: If my payment was successful, can I receive an invoice?
A5: TMO Group can provide an invoice for purchase of the guides. If you need an invoice, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the detailed company information for the invoice and the payment receipt. Once we receive, we can issue the digital invoice and sed it to you via e-mail within 10 working days.