Southeast Asia eCommerce Outlook 2020
This free PDF takes a broad view of eCommerce across five of Southeast Asia’s most exciting markets. Through its 22 pages, you’ll get a look into how each of these countries have embraced eCommerce as a sales channel, as well as some of the key strengths of each and differences between them.
This Outlook covers five of the region’s fastest developing and most promising eCommerce markets – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. Our research touches on demographics, eCommerce development, consumer preferences, social media adoption, customs restrictions, tax, and legal entity requirements.
The Southeast Asia eCommerce Outlook 2020 acts as a complement to the full, comprehensive regional eCommerce guides published by TMO in 2019 and updated on an annual basis. This Outlook was designed to be the perfect jumping-off point for companies curious about expanding into new markets in the region. We hope to take brands from curious to decided, and this Outlook represents the first step in that process.
If you’d prefer to jump in head-first and get talking strategy right away, contact us about our eCommerce consulting services for a more in-depth conversation today.
What Will You Find in This 2020 eCommerce Outlook?
- An introduction to the state of eCommerce in Southeast Asia
- A breakdown of which eCommerce platforms dominate the region and each of the five profiled countries
- A look at consumers in the region, their relationship with social media, and marketing in each country
- A comparison of Internet and mobile penetration throughout the region
- A summary of some key legal factors regarding market entry into each country, including logistics, legal matters, and taxes
This Outlook will be updated annually!
Who is this Outlook for?
This Outlook is intended for C-level executives, managers, marketing experts, researchers, and decision-makers at companies and brands that are considering entry into Southeast Asian markets via eCommerce.
We provide answers to the following:
- Economics & eCommerce: What is each country’s GDP per capita? What potential for eCommerce growth does each country exhibit? What are the most popular eCommerce platforms there?
- SEA Consumers: What are the most popular products to buy online? How often do they use the Internet or social media? What attitudes to consumers show towards foreign products?
- Connectivity: What penetration rates does each country show for Internet, mobile, and social media? What potential for growth exists?
- Marketing: How much money is spent on digital marketing in each country? What are the mainstream social media platforms? What buying holidays are popular? What are some popular KOLs from each country?
- Customs & Taxation: How high are consumption and import taxes? Which product categories are restricted for importation?
- Entry Strategy: Do these countries permit 100% Foreign Direct Investment? Is the cross-border eCommerce model applicable?
- Logistics & Distribution: What are some major logistics suppliers in each country? What delivery times and costs do consumers expect?