India eCommerce Market Localization Guide
An in-depth and comprehensively researched guide to the Indian eCommerce market and the challenges and opportunities it holds for you and your business. At just under 100 pages, the guide is packed with industry insights, legal requirements, and important observations on the current state and predicted future of the region.
India is the second largest country in the world by population – and on track to overtake China within a decade. The country is rapidly developing, taking hundreds of millions of people out of poverty and into its growing digital spheres. Each fraction of the population that enters the world of eCommerce amounts to a significant new consumer base, and many major eCommerce players are jumping at the chance to get in on the ground floor of these new opportunities. We created this guide to help you navigate the difficulties of joining them in this plunge.
Who should read this guide?
This guide is intended to provide business owners, C-level executives, marketeers, and eCommerce specialists with a comprehensive overview and help them formulate a strategy for starting their eCommerce journey in India. To this end, the guide covers all the major areas necessary to consider when entering the market, drawing from the latest available market data, expert analysis, and helpful case studies.
- A full blueprint of India’s eCommerce ecosystem, including the restrictions and requirements placed upon those wishing to sell cross-border
- Information and insights designed to help you get familiar with the opportunities available in India and make a better-informed decision about whether the market is right for you and your brand
- Latest relevant statistics and data from the most recent sources available, updated in Q1 2019
- A discussion of the different entry strategies available to foreign companies importing into India
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up your own company in India
- A breakdown of the logistics situation in India’s 29 states and 7 union territories
- An exploration of the laws, incentives, taxes, and customs requirements for importers
- An overview of the local culture and how that relates to consumer attitudes, buying culture, and marketing strategy, including how the worlds of traditional and social media interact with the Indian eCommerce sphere
- In-depth case studies of ways other companies have made the most of the Indian market and its unique consumer base
- Twice-yearly updates provided for free
- Over 60 sources including journals, reports, government sites, websites, interviews and etc
- Total of 100 hours of research conducted
7-Day Money-back Guarantee
We are very proud of our guides – so if you aren’t satisfied with any one of them, contact us with your reasons within 7 days of purchase to receive a full refund. We also offer a free guide to help those not yet ready to make a purchase.
About eCommerce Localization Guides
TMO Group publishes an extensive series of eCommerce Localization Guides. Covering general, legal and store-level localization topics, these handbooks provide key market and hands-on information on how to localize your eBusiness per country. We currently cover the following markets in our series: China, Malaysia, India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Italy. This series is continuously expanding and being updated. All our guides are published in English and Chinese.
The guides are based on our aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. This all-inclusive complementary series of guides will help you find your way through the eCommerce jungle. Be sure to check out our complete series of guides which cover: (A) eCommerce Market Localization, (B) eCommerce Store Localization and (C) eCommerce Legal Localization.
Q1: How can I get a copy of this eCommerce Market Localisation Guide?
A1: Just click on the ‘download now’ button and fill out your business details on the next page. You can then pay directly via PayPal. Once your payment is confirmed, we will send you a dedicated download link for your copy of the guide in PDF format.
Q2: What is the difference between the starter’s guide and the in-depth guide?
A2: All our guides are based on TMO Group’s aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. However, the in-depth guide offers many more insights and detailed information than the starter’s guide.
Q3: Which payment methods are currently available to purchase a guide?
A3: At the moment we only support PayPal payments. However, in the near future this will be expanded to include other popular methods such as WeChat Pay and Alipay.
Q4: I filled out my (personal) email address, why did I not receive a download link?
A4: Please make sure you are not using a gmail, hotmail or any other general email account. To receive a download link, you need to use a business email address.
Q5: What should I do if I have not received my email or my payment failed?
A5: If you encounter any problems throughout the ordering process, get in touch with us. You can reach us through our online customer service. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396.
Q6: If my payment was successful, can I receive an invoice?
A6: TMO Group can provide an invoice for purchase of the guides. If you need an invoice, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396. We will need your detailed information for the invoice and can send it to you within 10 working days.