China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - March 2022 FREE
Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
Since March, the epidemic situation in China has been serious. First, there was a large outbreak in Jilin Province, and then came the rapid fall of Shanghai, the capital of finance. For all Chinese, there is no doubt that they have ushered in a huge challenge both physically and mentally. During this period, everyone will pay more attention to their own health. In addition to frequent workout, purchasing health supplements can also be an important approach. So which products did consumers mainly buy in March? If you want to know more details, come and download our monthly data pack for March 2022!
March 2022 highlights
Overall, the overseas health supplement market in March slightly underperformed compared with February, with sales of about 2.4 billion yuan. The prices of products are mostly distributed between 100-400 yuan and 1,000-4,000 yuan. Among the top ten brands in terms of sales revenue, most of them are niche brands with higher unit prices, and the sales of products over 800 yuan account for 80% or more of brand sales.
Oral beauty supplements remain the most popular sub-category among consumers, with a market share of 24.5%. High-end products and new beauty ingredients are gradually favored by beauty lovers. The price range of products with the highest sales in this category is 1,000-2,000 yuan. Four of the top five best-sellers have unit prices over 10,000 yuan.
NMN products are becoming more and more popular in China. Fmuke’s NMN18000 was the product with the highest sales in March, while Esmond and Slekan were also among the top five in the monthly sales revenue list. The average unit price of NMN’s products is as high as 3,000-4,000 yuan, and most of the consumers are young and middle-aged women who have certain financial ability and are concerned about their health and quality of life. The majority of them are white-collar workers in first-tier and new first-tier cities.
Competing with many niche brands, Swisse remains the most purchased brand by consumers, with sales 2.6 times higher than the second-placed Esmond. Swisse’s products took four out of the five places on the list of best-selling products. Its calcium tablets, liver protection tablets and fish oil are the first choice of many entry-level health care product consumers.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Most popular brands
- Brand price distribution
- Best-selling product characteristics
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.
Data upgrade notification:
In order to bring better content to readers, starting from the monthly Datapack in March 2022, TMO has optimized and adjusted the data collection methods used in the report. You will see that while the overall market structure remains unchanged, the sales data have increased to varying degrees compared with previous data packs. This is due to the higher frequency and larger volume of data collection, which effectively improves the aggregated results for the following fields:
- Stores：Data of more stores has been collected, including new and removed stores within a month.
- Online SKUs：Data of more SKUs has been collected, including new products and products removed from the shelves within a month.
- Sales Volume：Due to the collection of more SKU information (including products on and off the shelves within a month), the monthly sales volume data has increased significantly.
- Sales Revenue：Due to the increase in the number of SKUs and sales volumes, the data of monthly sales revenue has increased significantly; thanks to the higher frequency of collection, the price fluctuations during various promotional activities are fully considered (the price that can be reflected on the product page), which makes the sales revenue more accurate.
*Explanation of data deviations:
Although we have used the optimized collection method, there will still be some data deviations:
- Accuracy of sales volume: Since the collection is affected by the rapid removal of some products, the sales volume can still be slightly lower than the actual situation.
- Accuracy of sales revenue: The prices collected by multiple products may not reflect the actual average transaction price of the products; information such as platform discounts and store coupons cannot be collected on the public product page.
The overall data accuracy is 90%, and some brands may have large deviations. Please be cautious when using the data.
Want to learn more? Come to download our premium version!
Starting from November 2021’s monthly report, TMO has launched a new upgraded premium version, and more valuable additional content is waiting for you to unlock! The paid premium monthly report contains richer industry information. In addition, source data excel sheets with comprehensive industry information are attached for your reference:
Additional report content:
Detailed sub-category market information
Want to dive into the market size and structure of the 22 sub-categories? Curious about their price distribution and top products? If you want to explore which categories have the most market potential, please download and check it out!
Report source data (Excel sheets):
We provide you with 50+ data sheets, detailed information of 22 sub-categories in total, and each sub-category contains information for up to 100 products.
The source data covers all of the industry key metrics, including:
- Sales Revenue & Volume: for the whole market and each sub-category, also the data over time
- Stores and Brands information: including list of top stores and brands with comprehensive data
- Top SKUs details: covers the details of monthly top products and fast-growing products as well as top SKUs for each sub-category, including product related links with which you can check the products directly.
- Product Price Range: for the whole market and each sub-category
There are also other valuable data waiting for you to explore, such as : product pre-sale data, product reviews, store followers, etc.
If you are interested in the content above, click here to download the PREMIUM report!