China Makeup Market Data Pack November 2021
For this data pack series, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of makeup both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms. This special November edition covers top brand performance around the popular Double Eleven shopping festival.
November 2021 Highlights
- Overall, the makeup industry during this year’s double eleven underperformed compared with last year and the sales revenue of all product categories significantly declined. Although Perfect Diary still won the championship in brand store sales, its sales volume dropped by 46% this year.
- Florasis’s Loose Powder has consistently ranked among the top three in sales all year round. As a domestic makeup brand that has emerged in recent years, Florasis is popular among customers for its aesthetics with outstanding Chinese-styled design as well as good quality control, even when its price is not deemed a competitive advantage .
- Perfect Diary and Florasis are still the top two best-selling brands, but their advantages are no longer obvious compared with last year. The market share of the top ten brands is getting closer. The market share difference between Perfect Diary (1st) and Mac (10th) is only 5%.
- From the analysis of the brands’ best-selling products, it can be seen that brands with a high market share, no matter what their market positioning is, have high consumer loyalty and re-purchase rate for their top products. As for brands with a relatively small market share, such as Carslan, their top-selling products are constantly changing and they lack cash flow products and star products.
This data pack includes:
- November’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Top search keywords
- A spotlight on the most popular brands
- Best-selling product characteristics
- Best-selling products in each sub-category
- Best-selling products for each top brand
For more information, download the data pack today!
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas makeup companies, or entities or individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive makeup market.