China eCommerce Legal Localisation Guide
The Chinese legal framework is complex and any aspiring foreign merchant attempting to trade in China must ensure they have a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment before proceeding to initiate trade.
In order to provide an overview of the legal side for cross-border eCommerce business in China, we have published this China eCommerce Legal Localisation Guide.
Who should read this guide?
This report includes the latest developments on security laws and content templates as a reference to generate legal pages. It thus provides you with a complete overview and strategic direction on the legal side of your eCommerce business.
- Covering all major topics on legal for B2C eCommerce websites
- Decision flow diagram on China hosting and ICP license
- Latest regulations on consumer protection and security laws
- All legal implications related to customer registrations
- China’s regulations on contract conclusion and order workflow
- Checklist on key legal content pages for eCommerce websites
- 3 legal templates for key eCommerce regulations
We provide answers to
- What are legal requirements on language?
- Which regulations need to be considered for hosting a website in China?
- What are my options on copyrights and trademarks?
- Which regulations on order workflow, customer service and return handling need to be followed?
- What will be the upcoming regulation on the Cyber Security Law?
- Which key points need to be included for legal pages?
About eCommerce Localisation Guides
TMO Group publishes an extensive series of eCommerce Localisation Guides. Covering general, legal and store-level localisation topics, these handbooks provide key market and hands-on information on how to localise your eBusiness per country. We currently cover the following markets in our series: China and Italy. This series is continuously expanding and soon to be published are Germany and France.
The guides are based on our aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. This all-inclusive complementary series of guides will help you find your way through the eCommerce jungle. Be sure to check out our complete series of guides which cover: (A) eCommerce Market Localisation, (B) eCommerce Store Localisation and (C) eCommerce Legal Localisation.
Q1: How can I get a copy of this eCommerce Legal Localisation Guide?
A1: Just click on the ‘download now’ button and fill out your business details on the next page. You can then pay directly via PayPal. Once your payment is confirmed, we will send you a dedicated download link for your copy of the guide in PDF format.
Q2: Which payment methods are currently available to purchase a guide?
A2: At the moment we only support PayPal payments. However, in the near future this will be expanded to include other popular methods such as WeChat Pay and Alipay.
Q3: I filled out my (personal) email address, why did I not receive a download link?
A3: Please make sure you are not using a gmail, hotmail or any other general email account. To receive a download link, you need to use a business email address.
Q4: What should I do if I have not received my email or my payment failed?
A4: If you encounter any problems throughout the ordering process, get in touch with us. You can reach us through our online customer service. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396.
Q5: If my payment was successful, can I receive an invoice?
A5: TMO Group can provide an invoice for purchase of the guides. If you need an invoice, please send a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396. We will need your detailed information for the invoice and can send it to you within 10 working days.