China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - 2021 Double 11 PREMIUM
This data pack is the Double 11 special edition premium version. Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
Double 11 special edition is coming!
It has been more than a month since the end of the China’s double 11 promotion in 2021, and all industries have ushered in the peak of their annual sales respectively. For health supplement products, an industry with unlimited potential and rapid development in recent years, there will naturally be many highlights to be explored in the sales data of November. In addition, we have also published relevant blog articles on our official website for double 11. Check it out!
Premium version launched with upgraded content!
Starting from November’s monthly report, TMO has launched a new upgraded premium version, and more valuable additional content is waiting for you to unlock! The paid premium monthly report contains richer industry information. In addition, source data excel sheets with comprehensive industry information are attached for your reference:
Additional report content:
Detailed sub-category market information
Want to dive into the market size and structure of the 21 sub-categories? Curious about their price distribution and top products? If you want to explore which categories have the most market potential, please download and check it out!
Five top brand case studies
In this double 11 special edition, in addition to the regular monthly report content, we also provide you with case analysis of five best-selling brands, including their brand vs. flagship store sales trend, sub-category market share and top products . Readers who want to see the sales changes of these industry leaders and their popular products must not miss it!
Report source data (Excel sheets):
We provide you with 65 data sheets, detailed information of 21 sub-categories in total, and each sub-category contains information for up to 2000 products.
The source data covers all of the industry key metrics, including:
- Sales Revenue & Volume: for the whole market and each sub-category, also the data over time
- Stores and Brands information: including list of top stores and brands as well as the case study data for five top brands/flagship stores
- Top SKUs details: covers the details of monthly top products and fast-growing products as well as top SKUs for each sub-category, including product related links with which you can check the products directly.
- Product Price Range: for the whole market and each sub-category
There are also other valuable data waiting for you to explore, such as : product pre-sale data, product reviews, store followers, etc.
Of course, if you are still hesitated for the paid version, you can also click here to check the FREE report! Otherwise, you can also choose to download our October report for free as content reference.
Double 11 market highlights
- Beauty and Nutrition Supplements still occupied the first place among all sub-categories, with its high average unit price reaching 1500-2000 RMB. In November, the sales revenue of Heart Health Supplements and Bone and Joint Health Supplements grew rapidly, and the sales volume of both even exceeded that of the Beauty and Nutrition Supplements. Among Bone and Joint Health products, Move Free (glucosamine products) and Swisse (calcium products) accounted for more than 50% of sales.
- The best-selling products (both by sales volume and by sales revenue) basically came from established and notable brands. NewSkin, which suddenly emerged in October, disappeared from the list, while the female probiotic products of Priciness Luna reached the top regarding both monthly sales revenue and volume.
- November’s top five best-selling brands this year is the same with last year. The total sales of these five brands have increased significantly this year, but with the exception of Move Free, the sales of flagship stores decreased, showing that for these brands, the sales channels have been utterly diverged. Consumers are now more willing to buy products of the same brand from lower-priced platforms such as Tmall global import supermarket, Ali Health overseas store and Taobao Global Shopping stores.
- Different from previous years, the peak sales points of nearly all brands for double 11 this year appeared on 11/1. It indicated that compared with the 11th, the selling price on 1st was even lower, and many consumers chose to place their orders in October and completed the final payment on 11/1.
Changes in the sub-categories
Compared with last year’s Double Eleven:
- In terms of women’s health supplements, the popularity of grape seed capsules, a popular and affordable beauty product, has declined in the past few years. Women are beginning to invest in more expensive products that contain more effective ingredients. In addition, the sales prospects of products that regulate women’s menstrual cycle are also quite optimistic.
- Last year, NMN anti-aging products emerged suddenly, but they also attracted a lot of controversy. This year, with the strengthening of management and control, the overall sales are not as good as last year, but the market conditions are still relatively good. Consumers, especially female groups with purchasing power, are willing to pay for such high-tech anti-aging products. We will also continue to observe the market trends of such products.
- The sales of glucosamine products for bones and joints have steadily increased. Taking the market leader Move Free as an example, sales in November this year increased by 54% over the same period last year, which is in line with the aging trend of the domestic society. So we can speculate that the sales of these products will continue to rise in the next few years.
- Compared with last year, the sales of fish oil products have increased significantly. In recent years, more and more young people have begun to take fish oil products, making them no longer an exclusive category for the elderly. This can be related to the phenomenon people who suffer from cardiovascular diseases are getting younger and younger.
- As social competition becomes more intense and young people’s work pressure increases, staying up late has become commonplace for many people. Therefore, compared with last year, the sales of liver-protecting products have increased considerably. From the perspective of the health supplement market itself, products that help enhance immunity, restore physical strength, and refresh the mind will be with high potential.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Top search keywords
- Most popular brands
- Best-selling product characteristics
- Case studies on five brands (* Premium version only)
- Detailed sub-category market information (* Premium version only)
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.