China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - January 2023
Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
Late January coincides with the Spring Festival holiday. In the post-epidemic era, many people would choose to purchase health supplements that enhance the immunity as gifts for relatives and friends during the Spring Festival. In addition, the demand for heart health care broke out in January, which led to a wave of stockpiling of coenzyme Q10 preparations. Affected by these factors, how would the cross-border health care product market perform in January? If you want to know more, download our monthly data pack for January 2023!
January 2023 highlights
- In January, the overall performance of the cross-border health supplement market experienced a certain decline. The total sales volume was down 26% year on year. This year’s Spring Festival coincided with January, and most logistical companies were out of service. Furthermore, the Double Eleven and Double Twelve major promotional festivals had just passed, contributing to the coldness of the eCommerce market in the first month of this year.
- Life-space’s probiotic supplements supporting stomach health were the monthly sales champion, with the sales volume of up to 50,000 units. Gatherings of relatives and friends are common during the Spring Festival, and symptoms such as stomach pain and indigestion emerge regularly as a consequence. At this point, some people would choose to take probiotics and other methods for supplementary prevention.
- Lung health supplements still remain hot in January. Three of the top five products in monthly sales are BOOMHUE’s quercetin products. In terms of subcategories, sales of Respiratory Nutrition Supplements containing quercetin increased by 42% month on month in January.
- The popularity of coenzyme Q10 preparations has surged. Coenzyme Q10 preparations’ sales soared by 84% month on month as it was rumored online to be helpful in avoiding myocarditis after recovering from COVID-19 infection. The product with the highest sales of coenzyme Q10 supplements is GNC’s Coenzyme Q10 Soft Capsules, whose major function is to sustain the heart muscle on a regular basis.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Most popular brands
- Brand price distribution
- Best-selling product characteristics
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.
Data upgrade notification:
In order to bring better content to readers, starting from the monthly Datapack in March 2022, TMO has optimized and adjusted the data collection methods used in the report. You will see that while the overall market structure remains unchanged, the sales data have increased to varying degrees compared with previous data packs. This is due to the higher frequency and larger volume of data collection, which effectively improves the aggregated results for the following fields:
- Stores：Data of more stores has been collected, including new and removed stores within a month.
- Online SKUs：Data of more SKUs has been collected, including new products and products removed from the shelves within a month.
- Sales Volume：Due to the collection of more SKU information (including products on and off the shelves within a month), the monthly sales volume data has increased significantly.
- Sales Revenue：Due to the increase in the number of SKUs and sales volumes, the data of monthly sales revenue has increased significantly; thanks to the higher frequency of collection, the price fluctuations during various promotional activities are fully considered (the price that can be reflected on the product page), which makes the sales revenue more accurate.
*Explanation of data deviations:
Although we have used the optimized collection method, there will still be some data deviations:
- Accuracy of sales volume: Since the collection is affected by the rapid removal of some products, the sales volume can still be slightly lower than the actual situation.
- Accuracy of sales revenue: The prices collected by multiple products may not reflect the actual average transaction price of the products; information such as platform discounts and store coupons cannot be collected on the public product page.
The overall data accuracy is 90%, and some brands may have large deviations. Please be cautious when using the data.