China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - April 2022 PREMIUM
Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
Affected by the sudden outbreak of the epidemic, Shanghai was shrouded in the shadow of the lockdown throughout April, and all the Shanghainese were quarantined at home. Online grocery shopping, group purchases, and covid tests have become daily routines, and in order to be in pink health, at-home workout is essential. Although Shanghai’s logistics was stagnant, the overseas health supplement market began to pick up in April. Consumers in many other provinces and cities became aware of the crisis and began to stock up on health products to in case their city is locked down. So which supplements are the most popular? If you want to know more details, come and download our monthly data pack for April 2022!
April 2022 highlights
After the sluggish months of February and March, the overseas health supplement market began to pick up, with sales reaching 2.6 billion yuan in April. Oral beauty supplements are still the most popular category, with a further increase in market share to 25.6%. The top five products by sales revenue are all beauty products, with the Nad+ supplements and whitening pills from the US brand Meherb occupying two seats.
In terms of brands, the American brand WDCYH emerged in April and became the second best-selling brand after Swisse. Many of its products, including Nad+ supplements, selenium tablets and lutein, were popular among consumers. Founded in 1989, WDCYH is a science-based nutritional supplement company focused on developing products of high quality and purity.
Under the continuous influence of the epidemic, the sales of health supplements with the effect of enhancing immunity have increased significantly in the past year. Compared with April last year, sales of B vitamins, multivitamins, calcium tablets and fish oil products increased by 84.2%, 30%, 57.9% and 122.8% year-on-year respectively.
In April, among the products in the bone and joint health category, the products with the first and fourth sales were calcium for children/teenagers. Many parents in China are very concerned about the height of their children. In addition to making their children drink more milk and exercise more often, the specialized calcium products are gradually favored by parents, and many of them respond that the effect is visible after their kids consuming the products for a while.
Why premium version?
Starting from November 2021’s monthly report, TMO has launched a new upgraded premium version, and more valuable additional content is waiting for you to unlock! The paid premium monthly report contains richer industry information. In addition, source data excel sheets with comprehensive industry information are attached for your reference:
Additional report content:
Detailed sub-category market information
Want to dive into the market size and structure of the 22 sub-categories? Curious about their price distribution and top products? If you want to explore which categories have the most market potential, please download and check it out!
Report source data (Excel sheets):
We provide you with 50+ data sheets, detailed information of 22 sub-categories in total, and each sub-category contains information for up to 100 products.
The source data covers all of the industry key metrics, including:
- Sales Revenue & Volume: for the whole market and each sub-category, also the data over time
- Stores and Brands information: including list of top stores and brands with comprehensive data
- Top SKUs details: covers the details of monthly top products and fast-growing products as well as top SKUs for each sub-category, including product related links with which you can check the products directly.
- Product Price Range: for the whole market and each sub-category
There are also other valuable data waiting for you to explore, such as : product pre-sale data, product reviews, store followers, etc.
Of course, if you are still hesitated for the paid version, you can also click here to check the FREE report! Otherwise, you can also choose to download our October 2021 report for free as content reference.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Most popular brands
- Brand price distribution
- Best-selling product characteristics
- Detailed sub-category market information (* Premium version only)
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.
Data upgrade notification:
In order to bring better content to readers, starting from the monthly Datapack in March 2022, TMO has optimized and adjusted the data collection methods used in the report. You will see that while the overall market structure remains unchanged, the sales data have increased to varying degrees compared with previous data packs. This is due to the higher frequency and larger volume of data collection, which effectively improves the aggregated results for the following fields:
- Stores：Data of more stores has been collected, including new and removed stores within a month.
- Online SKUs：Data of more SKUs has been collected, including new products and products removed from the shelves within a month.
- Sales Volume：Due to the collection of more SKU information (including products on and off the shelves within a month), the monthly sales volume data has increased significantly.
- Sales Revenue：Due to the increase in the number of SKUs and sales volumes, the data of monthly sales revenue has increased significantly; thanks to the higher frequency of collection, the price fluctuations during various promotional activities are fully considered (the price that can be reflected on the product page), which makes the sales revenue more accurate.
*Explanation of data deviations:
Although we have used the optimized collection method, there will still be some data deviations:
- Accuracy of sales volume: Since the collection is affected by the rapid removal of some products, the sales volume can still be slightly lower than the actual situation.
- Accuracy of sales revenue: The prices collected by multiple products may not reflect the actual average transaction price of the products; information such as platform discounts and store coupons cannot be collected on the public product page.
The overall data accuracy is 90%, and some brands may have large deviations. Please be cautious when using the data.