People are using the internet more and more to make their purchases online – the global share of online shopping in retail is at about 20% with the trend of constant growth in the foreseeable future. eCommerce has become an integral part of our lives – and the role it plays is only going to increase.
This resulted in a boom of online eCommerce shops that provide online shopping services loaded with various benefits such as efficient comparison of products and services, almost infinite choices to select from, easy access to customer reviews, and, when decision is made, effortless payment.
The purchasing behavior of the customers of various services or products can differ significantly, so, it is important for every eCommerce business to build its websites to fulfill all the requirements of their customers.
There are numerous platforms to build your eCommerce solution on – from expensive but all-powerful solutions by big players to simple and straightforward free options. Here, at TMO Group, we prefer Adobe eCommerce solution: it provides the best balance of the powerful features that come out-of-the-box, with the flexible architecture that allows us to easily expand the functionality with whatever custom requirements our clients may have.
A sample of backend interface of Magento (Adobe Commerce)
Adobe Commerce (known as Magento until 2021), started as an open source eCommerce platform, is well-known and widely used by online retailers all over the world. It provides a great eCommerce solution that helps running businesses of all sizes.
Online businesses often find themselves migrating to Adobe Commerce from other systems to utilize the rich set of features to enhance their online stores. Magento is the most popular commercial eCommerce solution in the world and in the top five, when it comes to all solutions – paid and open source.
We already mentioned the flexibility that Adobe Commerce provides. Open plugin architecture resulted with the complex ecosystem of ready-to-use solutions, covering almost every conceivable requirement users could have. If, however, there is something, existing extensions still are not enough, Adobe Commerce structured in a developer-friendly way, so customizations can be done easily, especially as the Magento development community is one of the most numerous in the world.
But even the out-of-the-box version is a powerful tool with everything that a regular eCommerce business might need. It is full of useful features to take care of all important eCommerce activities: store management, electronic bill payment, buying and selling products, catalog browsing, product browsing and web promotions.
An example of an SEO settings page
SEO is an important part of running any eCommerce store. Adobe Commerce (Magento) is built to be search-friendly, following best practices of all main search engines: Google, Bing, Yahoo and many more. From SEO-friendly URLs to convenient metadata management, pages have everything to climb up the ranking, attracting more and more customers.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of all the features that make Adobe Commerce (Magento) a hit it is.
- Open source architecture that allows for high levels of flexibility and customization. Thousands of plugins can extend the functionality of Adobe Commerce store without ever needing to write a single line of code.
- Technical assistance. Commercial version includes a dedicated professional support service. Users of the free version have access to bustling forums and expansive knowledge bases that will make troubleshooting a breeze.
- Security is an important principle that Adobe Commerce is based on: strong data encryption, protection from all known internet attacks, multi-layer validations.
- Several astonishing mobile-responsive themes are shipped with the basic install. There are more themes (free and commercial) available, to make the look and feel of your store truly unique.
- Product pages, packed to the rim with UX-enhancing features: Multiple images, zooming, flexible catalog, product review mechanics.
- SEO optimization is an integral part of all pages, ensuring frictionless indexing by search engines.
- Reporting: all your analytical needs can be satisfied with the flexible built-in system of reporting.
Adobe Commerce covers all the requirements that an eCommerce enterprise may need to have a robust but flexible solution. Because of this, Adobe Commerce has been adopted by online businesses of all sizes: from mom-n-pop small online shops to large multinational enterprises.
Here are just a few examples of websites using Adobe Commerce
At TMO Group, we recognized the unbraided potential of Adobe Commerce and offer comprehensive web design and development services, creating Adobe Commerce (Magento) eCommerce solutions for all businesses ranging from small businesses to large corporate businesses.
One of the thousands of mobile responsive themes to choose from for you Adobe Commerce website.