Vietnam eCommerce Market Localization Guide
2022 update – A thoroughly researched, in-depth guide to the eCommerce market in Vietnam and how overseas companies can approach it. Over more than 90 pages, this guide takes you through the unique challenges and opportunities Vietnam presents, as well as logistics solutions, legal requirements, and observations on the current state of the market and its projected future.
Updated for 2022!
Data section: The basic data of the country and eCommerce data in the guide have been comprehensively updated.
Post-pandemic economic recovery: In this revision of the guide, we have added a section on “Covid Update – Country Initiatives and Economic Recovery”, which provides insights into Vietnam’s post-pandemic economic recovery and the government updated policies.
Vietnam is a fast-developing Southeast Asian country rich with market potential and open to foreign investment. Following a similar model in some ways to neighboring China, the Vietnamese eCommerce market is a fascinating opportunity and an unfamiliar challenge to overseas investors interested in dipping their toe in – or diving in head-first. We therefore put together this in-depth Localization Guide with the aim of providing a comprehensive look at how overseas companies can successfully enter the market and establish a flourishing business there.
Who should read this guide?
This guide is intended to provide business owners, C-level executives, marketeers, and eCommerce specialists with a comprehensive overview and help them formulate a strategy for starting their eCommerce journey in Vietnam. To this end, the guide covers all the major areas necessary to consider when entering the market, drawing from the latest available market data and expert analysis.
- A full blueprint of Vietnam’s eCommerce ecosystem, including the restrictions and requirements placed upon those wishing to sell cross-border
- Information and insights designed to help you get familiar with the opportunities available in Vietnam and make a better-informed decision about whether the market is right for you and your brand
- Updated statistics and data available in 2021
- A discussion of the different entry strategies available to foreign companies importing into Vietnam
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up your own company in Vietnam
- A breakdown of the logistics situation in Vietnam’s urban centers and rural areas
- An exploration of the laws, incentives, taxes, and customs requirements for importers
- An overview of the local culture and how that relates to consumer attitudes, buying culture, and marketing strategy, including how the worlds of traditional and social media interact with the Vietnamese eCommerce sphere
- Twice-yearly updates provided for free
- Over 80 sources including journals, reports, government sites, websites, interviews and etc.
- Total of 120 hours of research conducted
About eCommerce Localization Guides
TMO Group publishes an extensive series of eCommerce Localization Guides. Covering general, legal and store-level localization topics, these handbooks provide key market and hands-on information on how to localize your eBusiness per country. We currently cover the following markets in our series: China, Malaysia, India, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and Italy. This series is continuously expanding and being updated. All our guides are published in English and Chinese.
The guides are based on our aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. This all-inclusive complementary series of guides will help you find your way through the eCommerce jungle. Be sure to check out our complete series of guides which cover: (A) eCommerce Market Localization, (B) eCommerce Store Localization and (C) eCommerce Legal Localization.
Q1: How can I get a copy of this eCommerce Market Localisation Guide?
A1: Just click on the ‘download now’ button and fill out your business details on the next page. You can then pay directly via PayPal. Once your payment is confirmed, we will send you a dedicated download link for your copy of the guide in PDF format.
Q2: What is the difference between the starter’s guide and the in-depth guide?
A2: All our guides are based on TMO Group’s aggregated 20+ years of experience and composed by our dedicated team of eCommerce market researchers. However, the in-depth guide offers many more insights and detailed information than the starter’s guide.
Q3: Which payment methods are currently available to purchase a guide?
A3: At the moment we only support PayPal payments. However, in the near future this will be expanded to include other popular methods such as WeChat Pay and Alipay.
Q4: What should I do if I have not received my email or my payment failed?
A4: If you encounter any problems throughout the ordering process, get in touch with us. You can reach us through our online customer service. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at +86 (0)21 617 00 396.
Q5: If my payment was successful, can I receive an invoice?
A5: TMO Group can provide an invoice for purchase of the guides. If you need an invoice, please send a request by email to email@example.com with the detailed company information for the invoice and the payment receipt. Once we receive, we can issue the digital invoice and sed it to you via e-mail within 10 working days.