China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - 2022 6.18 FREE
This data pack is the 6.18 special edition free version. Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
6.18 special edition is coming!
It has been a month since the June 18th promotion in 2022 ended, and various industries have ushered in the peak of annual sales. For overseas health supplements, an industry with unlimited potential that has continued to develop rapidly in recent years, there will naturally be many highlights in the June sales data to be explored. So which health supplements are the most popular? If you want to know more, download our monthly data pack for June 2022!
6.18 market highlights
- Overall, the sales of overseas health supplement market in June increased compared to May, with sales revenue of about $2.7 billion yuan. The prices of products were mostly distributed between RMB 100-400 and RMB 1,000-4,000. Among the top five products in terms of sales volume, the product categories were mainly calcium and thistle, with prices mainly distributed between RMB 100-300.
- Life Space, an Australian professional probiotic brand, has emerged in June with a number of products in the probiotic category that are popular among consumers and occupy two of the top five best-selling products. Life-Space is a professional probiotic brand in Australia. It focuses on the research of human microbiome. By exploring various possibilities of microbiome, it develops products for various needs and important stages of life, helping people to better build a balanced microbiome in the body.
- Under the continuous influence of the epidemic, the sales of health supplements with the functions of enhancing immunity and physical constitution have increased significantly. Compared with May, sales of B vitamins, multivitamins, calcium tablets and fish oil products increased by 39.5%, 70%, 57.1% and 80.3% year-on-year respectively.
- Despite the rise of niche brands, Swisse is still the most purchased brand by consumers, and its sales revenue is 2.2 times higher than the second-ranked brand Reaps. On the top five monthly sales list, Swisse occupies two seats, and its calcium tablets and liver protection tablets are the first choice for many entry-level health supplements consumers in China.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Most popular brands
- Brand price distribution
- Best-selling product characteristics
- 618 Tmall sales list
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.
Data upgrade notification:
In order to bring better content to readers, starting from the monthly Datapack in March 2022, TMO has optimized and adjusted the data collection methods used in the report. You will see that while the overall market structure remains unchanged, the sales data have increased to varying degrees compared with previous data packs. This is due to the higher frequency and larger volume of data collection, which effectively improves the aggregated results for the following fields:
- Stores：Data of more stores has been collected, including new and removed stores within a month.
- Online SKUs：Data of more SKUs has been collected, including new products and products removed from the shelves within a month.
- Sales Volume：Due to the collection of more SKU information (including products on and off the shelves within a month), the monthly sales volume data has increased significantly.
- Sales Revenue：Due to the increase in the number of SKUs and sales volumes, the data of monthly sales revenue has increased significantly; thanks to the higher frequency of collection, the price fluctuations during various promotional activities are fully considered (the price that can be reflected on the product page), which makes the sales revenue more accurate.
*Explanation of data deviations:
Although we have used the optimized collection method, there will still be some data deviations:
- Accuracy of sales volume: Since the collection is affected by the rapid removal of some products, the sales volume can still be slightly lower than the actual situation.
- Accuracy of sales revenue: The prices collected by multiple products may not reflect the actual average transaction price of the products; information such as platform discounts and store coupons cannot be collected on the public product page.
The overall data accuracy is 90%, and some brands may have large deviations. Please be cautious when using the data.
Want to learn more? Come to download our premium version!
Starting from November 2021’s monthly report, TMO has launched a new upgraded premium version, and more valuable additional content is waiting for you to unlock! The paid premium monthly report contains richer industry information. In addition, source data excel sheets with comprehensive industry information are attached for your reference:
Additional report content:
Detailed sub-category market information
Want to dive into the market size and structure of the 22 sub-categories? Curious about their price distribution and top products? If you want to explore which categories have the most market potential, please download and check it out!
Five top brand case studies
In this 6.18 special edition, in addition to the regular monthly report content, we also provide you with case analysis of five best-selling brands, including their brand vs. flagship store sales trend, price range, sub-category market share and top products. Readers who want to see the sales changes of these industry leaders and their popular products must not miss it!
Report source data (Excel sheets):
We provide you with 60+ data sheets, detailed information of 22 sub-categories in total, and each sub-category contains information for up to 100 products.
The source data covers all of the industry key metrics, including:
- Sales Revenue & Volume: for the whole market and each sub-category, also the data over time
- Stores and Brands information: including list of top stores and brands with comprehensive data
- Top SKUs details: covers the details of monthly top products and fast-growing products as well as top SKUs for each sub-category, including product related links with which you can check the products directly.
- Product Price Range: for the whole market and each sub-category
There are also other valuable data waiting for you to explore, such as : product pre-sale data, product reviews, store followers, etc.
If you are interested in the content above, click here to download the PREMIUM report!