China Health Supplements Market Data Pack - July 2022 FREE
Each month, TMO Group compiles data from Alibaba’s family of eCommerce platforms (including Taobao, Tmall, Tmall Global, and Tmall Supermarket) regarding sales of health supplements both domestically and across borders. This data is presented in a form that’s easier for English-speaking overseas companies and individuals to approach, with an array of charts and tables as well as translated terms.
After the 6.18 promotion last month, sales in July naturally declined. However, some areas in China were still affected by the pandemic, with occasional small-scale outbreaks in some communities. Consequently, most people still tend to take their health conditions seriously and purchasing health supplements is one of the actions taken. Therefore, in short, the sales didn’t see a big drop in July. If you want to know more, download our monthly data pack for July 2022!
July 2022 highlights
The popularity of enzyme products has picked up in July. These products mainly contain bifidobacterium and lactobacillus, as well as arginine, soybean lecithin and coenzyme q10, which can play a role in regulating immunity.
NMN products remain popular in China. Esmond’s NMN18000 was the best seller in July and its NMN12000 was also on the top-selling list. The average unit price of NMN’s products is as high as 3,000-4,000 yuan. The consumer group is mostly women from first-tier cities with good financial abilities and the willingness to make investment on their internal and external beauty.
According to the price distribution of the top ten brands in July, it can be seen that except for Swisse and Blackmores, whose products are mainly priced between 0-400 yuan, the unit price of the products that contribute the most to the sales of the other eight brands is more than 800 yuan.
From multi-dimensional data, the performance of men health supplements in July was very impressive. From the product point of view, the product with oyster/shellfish extract as the main ingredient ranked first in terms of sales volume, and the monthly sales revenue of Esmond ranked second among all brands. From the perspective of sub-categories, endocrine supplements have a gratifying sales performance this month, ranking fifth in all sub-categories, and four of the top five products are for men’s health.
This data pack includes:
- Analysis of the month’s trends and biggest winners
- The month’s best-selling products
- Sub-category market share
- Market share by price range
- Most popular brands
- Brand price distribution
- Best-selling product characteristics
Who are these data packs intended for?
These data packs are designed to assist researchers, data analysts, product development professionals, business decision makers, and anyone involved in strategic planning at overseas health supplements companies, or entities and individuals interested in this area. By keeping up with each month’s shifts in sales and consumer behavior, such experts can get a more firm grip on the trends and shifting attitudes in China’s growing and increasingly competitive health supplements market.
For more information, download this month’s data pack today!
As well as our monthly data packs, we also put together a comprehensive guide to the health supplements industry in China, updated annually and available absolutely free right here.
Data upgrade notification:
In order to bring better content to readers, starting from the monthly Datapack in March 2022, TMO has optimized and adjusted the data collection methods used in the report. You will see that while the overall market structure remains unchanged, the sales data have increased to varying degrees compared with previous data packs. This is due to the higher frequency and larger volume of data collection, which effectively improves the aggregated results for the following fields:
- Stores：Data of more stores has been collected, including new and removed stores within a month.
- Online SKUs：Data of more SKUs has been collected, including new products and products removed from the shelves within a month.
- Sales Volume：Due to the collection of more SKU information (including products on and off the shelves within a month), the monthly sales volume data has increased significantly.
- Sales Revenue：Due to the increase in the number of SKUs and sales volumes, the data of monthly sales revenue has increased significantly; thanks to the higher frequency of collection, the price fluctuations during various promotional activities are fully considered (the price that can be reflected on the product page), which makes the sales revenue more accurate.
*Explanation of data deviations:
Although we have used the optimized collection method, there will still be some data deviations:
- Accuracy of sales volume: Since the collection is affected by the rapid removal of some products, the sales volume can still be slightly lower than the actual situation.
- Accuracy of sales revenue: The prices collected by multiple products may not reflect the actual average transaction price of the products; information such as platform discounts and store coupons cannot be collected on the public product page.
The overall data accuracy is 90%, and some brands may have large deviations. Please be cautious when using the data.
Want to learn more? Come to download our premium version!
Starting from November 2021’s monthly report, TMO has launched a new upgraded premium version, and more valuable additional content is waiting for you to unlock! The paid premium monthly report contains richer industry information. In addition, source data excel sheets with comprehensive industry information are attached for your reference:
Additional report content:
Detailed sub-category market information
Want to dive into the market size and structure of the 22 sub-categories? Curious about their price distribution and top products? If you want to explore which categories have the most market potential, please download and check it out!
Report source data (Excel sheets):
We provide you with 50+ data sheets, detailed information of 22 sub-categories in total, and each sub-category contains information for up to 100 products.
The source data covers all of the industry key metrics, including:
- Sales Revenue & Volume: for the whole market and each sub-category, also the data over time
- Stores and Brands information: including list of top stores and brands with comprehensive data
- Top SKUs details: covers the details of monthly top products and fast-growing products as well as top SKUs for each sub-category, including product related links with which you can check the products directly.
- Product Price Range: for the whole market and each sub-category
There are also other valuable data waiting for you to explore, such as : product pre-sale data, product reviews, store followers, etc.
If you are interested in the content above, click here to download the PREMIUM report!